Can someone tell me what kinds of questions should be asked in this list and what kinds in the tutor section?

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Feb 17 20:31:44 EST 2013

Chris Angelico wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Rick Johnson
> <rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> However, i believe the whole idea of having more than one mailing list is
>> folly anyway. Why? Case in point: this thread! We have a person who is
>> not sure which list to post a question, meanwhile the question "in
>> question" remains unanswered.
>
> Great idea! And this isn't Python-specific. Let's merge all the
> world's mailing lists into one; you want to ask a question, you just
> post it! Doesn't matter what it's about, just ask it and the right
> people will see it and respond. This is awesome!

Are you asking *everyone*? What if the wrong people respond and give you bad
advice? There should be *one* person you can ask, who will answer
everything, with the correct answer to every question.

I suggest the Pope, since we know he's infallible, but if he's too old and
set in his ways for email, perhaps Rick would be almost as good.

--
Steven