news.gmane.org (was Re: Awsome Python - chained exceptions

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Feb 18 17:45:07 EST 2013

On 2/18/2013 1:32 PM, Rick Johnson wrote:

> 2. When positing a new message i must enter my email address and username each
> time. The forms are auto-filled for replys but not for new messages. Go figure!

Using the newsreader interface, I get 1 email message per list to verify
the email address. After that, it is as if I were subscribed. (Some
mirrored email lists require a subscription at their site, but most
python.org lists seems not to.) And, of course, Thunderbird fills in
data for both new messages and replies. I do not know why it would be
different through the web interface.

> 3. There is no method to sort the topics by either: "last reply first" or "date
> of thread composition". This is probably more suited to a personal newsreader
> though.

The monthly archives, which include the current month,
can be accessed by thread, subject, author, or date.
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/

--
Terry Jan Reedy