Statistics...help with numpy/scipy install

David Robinow drobinow at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 14:29:03 EST 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/10/2013 10:35 AM, Rex Macey wrote:
> A casual google search seems to indicate that for now, SciPy and NumPy
> are for Python 2.x (2.7 is the latest).  I could be wrong though and
> often am.  I know a number of popular and useful packages are not yet
> available on Python 3.
My casual google search finds www.numpy.org as the first entry.
Clicking on the download link, one can find numpy 1.7.0 for Python 3.3
In all fairness, this was just released a few hours and is the first
official version supporting 3.3
However, numpy 1.6.2 did support 3.2
There's not yet a Scipy release supporting 3.3 so the OP may wish to
downgrade to Python3.2

> If you need to do a lot math stuff, there's a complete python system
> that bundles a lot of these tools together into a nice package.  It's
> called Sage.  http://www.sagemath.org/
Sage doesn't run natively on Windows. Not necessarily a problem but
should be mentioned.