PyWart: Namespace asinitiy and the folly of the global statement

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 14:15:37 EST 2013

On 02/11/2013 11:32 AM, Jason Swails wrote:

> Perhaps that's your problem ;).  Tkinter was the first--and only--GUI
> toolkit I learned [1] (I do almost exclusively CLI, and GUI only for fun --
> and I program as a result of the work I do).  Having no previous knowledge
> of any other GUI toolkit (and really only writing 2 or 3 _real_ GUIs
> total), it wasn't hard to pick up enough from effbot/stackoverflow/tkinter
> documentation to get a working GUI with (what I think is) decent code
> organization.
>
> Just my personal experience.

My first experience with GUI programming was with MFC on windows.  Yuck!
 Anything is better.  Although wxWidgets seems to follow the MFC model
in some ways, and that has always left a sour taste in my mouth.

Since then I've done both GTK and Qt programming and both are a
pleasure, especially in Python.