PyWart: Namespace asinitiy and the folly of the global statement

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 01:27:30 EST 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM, alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 9, 2:25 pm, Michael Torrie <torr... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Rick seems to know his stuff
>> about Tk programming, but his knowledge of programming language theory
>> and formal computing seems quite informal.
>
> Not informal, "intuited". If he doesn't already know something, it's
> apparently not important.

I wonder how he learned about Tk. To be quite frank, I've not found
tkinter to be particularly intuitive, and I've been doing GUI
programming since the early 90s (with a wide variety of toolkits).
Mind, that's not necessarily an indictment of tkinter per se; MOST
windowing toolkits take a bit of mastering. But my general estimate is
that it takes roughly as long to learn a GUI toolkit as to learn a
language, and takes comparable effort.

ChrisA