What does --no-skip do in nose?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 19:14:57 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 4:49 AM, Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:
>> from nose import SkipTest
>> def test_skip():
>>     raise SkipTest
>>     assert 0
>
> What's confusing is, if I use --no-skip, it STILL skips the test:

I don't know nosetests, but I'm fairly sure it's not going to be
mangling the Python language itself. Once you say "raise", the rest of
the code isn't going to run. If you were calling "skip_test()", then I
could imagine it either raising SkipTest or not based on a
command-line parameter, but if there's no such function and you
directly raise the exception, there's not a lot else Python can do.

ChrisA