[OT]Royal pardon for codebreaker Turing

Tim Delaney timothy.c.delaney at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 15:30:34 EST 2013

On 28 December 2013 04:34, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>> Personally, I think that people ought to throw a party celebrating
>> Turing's rehabilitation, and do it right outside the Russian Embassy.
>>

> Any particular reason for the restriction to Russian Embassy?

I suspect it's in reference to the difficulties homosexuals are likely to
face when attending or competing in the 2014 Winter Olympic and Paralympic
Games at Sochi. Adam Hills in particular has had a real go about it on his
UK show "The Last Leg" where he decided to turn Vladimir Putin into a
homosexual icon (search "last leg sochi" without the quotes).

Tim Delaney