Airplane mode control using Python?

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 22 23:52:40 EST 2013

On 12/22/2013 08:33 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Kevin Peterson <qh.resu01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am trying to control Aeroplane mode on Android using Python code.
>> I am running QPyPlus python. When I execute this code(that is
>> widespread in the net),
>>
>>    #!/usr/bin/python
>>    import android droid = android.Android()
>>    # go to airplane mode
>>     droid.toggleAirplaneMode()
>>
>>    droid.makeToast('exiting')
>>
>> I get the error 'no such attribute Android()'.
>
> Python code is sensitive to changes in whitespace. The above is
> actually a syntax error, because lines have been merged and indented
> incorrectly. You seem to be posting from Google Groups, which may be
> why it's messed up; I recommend switching to something else, like
> Mozilla Thunderbird, or subscribing instead to the mailing list
> (with all the same content)

My electricity went out right around the time the OP posted
from Google Groups, that too was undoubtedly GG's fault.

Come on Chris, it is just as easy to make typo or copy-and-
paste errors in any other software as GG, there is no evidence
that it was GG's fault.

If you want to recommend the mailing list, fine, but please
don't make stupid, unfounded, accusatory suggestions.

Kevin: just for your own info, there are a few people here
who despise Google Groups.  I and many other people post
from Google Groups regularly and it works fine.  You might
want to take a look at
 https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython
for some ways to reduce the annoyance factor for the anti-GG
clique here.