Airplane mode control using Python?

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Sun Dec 22 22:59:27 EST 2013

On 12/22/13 10:41 PM, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 12/22/2013 08:20 PM, Kevin Peterson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to control Aeroplane mode on Android using Python code.
>> I am running QPyPlus python. When I execute this code(that is widespread
>> in the net),
>>
>>      #!/usr/bin/python
>>      import android droid = android.Android()
>>      # go to airplane mode
>>       droid.toggleAirplaneMode()
>>
>>      droid.makeToast('exiting')
>>
>> I get the error 'no such attribute Android()'.
>
> Is that really how your code is formatted? The import line is an error.
>
> try:
>
> import android
>

> droid = android.Android()

The OP reported an error of "no such attribute Android", it's pretty
obvious that he isn't getting a syntax error.  We can assume the code
has been mangled in the posting.

Your code sample (once the obvious formatting errors have been fixed) is
identical to ones I've found online, so I assume it should work.

My best guess is that you have named your own file android.py, shadowing
the library you're trying to import.  Name it something else, delete all
the *.pyc files in your directory, and try again.