[OT] vnc-problem with idle running as sudo on raspberry pi

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 12:06:39 EST 2013

On 12/22/2013 06:27 AM, Jean Dubois wrote:
> I was wrong writing idle_as_root worked this way. As a matter of fact,
> this method also does not work as expected, as can be seen from this
> message:
>
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
>
> New 'X' desktop is raspberrypi:1
>
> Starting applications specified in /home/pi/.vnc/xstartup
> Log file is /home/pi/.vnc/raspberrypi:1.log
>
> Starting TightVNC server for pi

In future, I suspect you'll need to take questions like this that don't
really have anything to do with Python to a Raspberry Pi forum or e-mail
list.  Or a general Linux list.

Short answer:

Edit /etc/sudoers and add this line somewhere in it (probably near other
lines that look similar):

Defaults env_keep += "DISPLAY XAUTHORITY"

If that doesn't work, then you'll have to talk to folks running the
Rasbian on their Pi.  Sometimes XAUTHORITY isn't set.