New to Python, Help to get script working?

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Dec 15 20:37:48 EST 2013

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 13:31:10 -0800, Mark wrote:

> I originally get an indent error on line 19, i delete the indent and i
> get
>
> ***'return outside function (Twitch.py, line 19)
>
> Thats where i am at. This is on version 2.7

Remember the bit where we asked you to copy and paste the entire error
message, starting from the Traceback line? This is *important*, please do
not ignore it. If you're going to ask for help from experts, pay
attention to what the experts tell you.

At this point, I recommend you download the script again, since you've
been making modifications to it and have probably introduced your own
errors. Better to start again with a fresh copy in a known good state,
rather than one that you've been making arbitrary changes to:

Step 1: replace the modified version of the script with a known good copy.

Step 2: try running that script using the correct version of Python.

Step 3: if it fails in some way, copy and paste the entire traceback. It
may be that you're using it wrongly.

--
Steven