GUI:-please answer want to learn GUI programming in python , how should i proceed.

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 14:00:14 EST 2013

Le mardi 17 décembre 2013 19:06:35 UTC+1, Michael Torrie a écrit :
> On 12/17/2013 08:00 AM, Wolfgang Keller wrote:
>
> >> Python is sooooooo slow when it waits for the human.
>

> > With Windows systems, I waste something like 90% of my work time waiting
>
> > for that system to stop "Not Responding".
>

> > And no, it's not a matter of hardware.
>

> Something is wrong then.  Windows has its issues, and it does slow down
>
> over time as cruft in the system accumulates. And Windows XP is getting
>
> slower and slower due to a bug in the automatic updates service, but in
>
> general, but your experience with Windows is not normal.  I managed
>
> hundreds of Windows workstations in my previous life and I did not see
>
> this occur with any regularity. So something is wrong with your setup.
>
> Maybe its time for a re-install?  Virus or malware?  Or maybe you need
>
> to upgrade to Windows 7?

I tend to agree with you. However, I should say
I'm observing a strange phenomenon.

Among others, I wrote two interactive interpreters
with PySide 1.1.2 for Python 3.3 and Python 3.2.

If I'm runing such a task with Py3.2 (more than a minute)

>>> timeit.timeit("a = '\u2345'*100000; 'x' in a")

it runs smoothly.

but if I run the same task with Py3.3

my window seems to be idled, and a message like,
Ne répond pas (something like "Do no respond")
appeares in the title bar of the window (my application
title + that msg). The cursor get transformed into the
win7 "waiting cursor".

The app seems to freeze, but in fact, it is not and
the resulting values are correct.

How do I know this? Very simple, the resulting
values are in exact concordance with the values
I obtain with my interactive intepreters, but
built with tkinter!

jmf