GUI:-please answer want to learn GUI programming in python , how should i proceed.

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 23:51:49 EST 2013

On 12/15/2013 05:34 PM, Tamer Higazi wrote:
> For wxPython there is a good book.
> You will feel convinient.
>

> But to be honest, I don't believe that Python is the best choice for GUI
> development, but it's only an opinion.
> Otherwise I would advise you going into C++ and code with wxWidgets.

Perhaps this is because the wx binding in Python is too C++-like and
lacks python concepts and idioms?  Or are you saying Python in general
is not a good language for GUI development?

GUI design is moving firmly into the realm of interpreted or
non-compiled languages, with compiled languages often doing the real
back end work.  For example Firefox implements its entire GUI in
Javascript using XML GUI definitions.  This all drives a C-based
rendering engine.  Also Qt 5 emphasizes developing GUIs using QtQuick,
which is also Javascript-based with XML and CSS for styling.  And all
modern web apps are a combination of many languages and domains, most of
which are "compiled" in the traditional sense.

I think Python is a great overall application development language,
especially for the GUI.  First-class functions for callbacks make it
very nice compared to other languages.  Python  is fast enough for
full-blown apps too.  Slow parts can be factored out to other languages.