Please stop the trolling

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Tue Dec 24 11:04:59 EST 2013

On 12/24/13 10:55 AM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 24/12/2013 15:28, Ned Batchelder wrote:
>> On 12/24/13 9:58 AM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>>> On 24/12/2013 10:22, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> <sorry folks>
>>>
>>> [once again snip double spaced google crap]

>>> http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pull_the_other_one,_it%27s_got_bells_on
>>>

>> This isn't adding anything.  It might even be trolling.
>>

> There is nothing trolling about it.  How "Joseph McCarthy" can expect us
> to believe that he's talking about Guis when Terry has snipped this
>
>  >>> sys.getsizeof('a')
> 26
>  >>> sys.getsizeof('€')
> 40
>  >>> 40 - 26
> 14
>  >>> sys.getsizeof('\U00010000')
> 44
>  >>> 44 - 26
> 18
>
> leaving only this
>
> Memory? Let me laugh!
>
> is anybody's guess hence my link.
>
> I will repeat, for perhaps the fourth time, that while JM continues his
> malicious attacks on the Python core developers via the nonsense that he
> writes about PEP 393 and the FSR, I will continue to attack him until he
> either shuts up or is shut up, or provides the evidence to support his
> claims.  As the latter can never happen (he's had ample opportunity to
> do so, but strangely never replies to any requests to do just that), it
> will have to be the former by definition.

I agree that JM's complaints are baseless and silly.  But they are not
attacks on people.  Criticizing the product is not criticizing the authors.

You should stop attacking him.  The best way to reduce the noise from JM
is to ignore him.  Your "defense" of the core developers is at least as
distracting and detracting from this list's purpose as JM's baseless
criticisms.

The first step with a troll is to ignore them.