GUI:-please answer want to learn GUI programming in python , how should i proceed.

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 17 04:44:04 EST 2013

On 17/12/2013 09:18, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:
> Le mardi 17 décembre 2013 09:33:24 UTC+1, Mark Lawrence a écrit :
>> On 17/12/2013 07:58, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>   From all the toolkits, wxPython is probably the most
>>
>>> interesting. I used all versions from 2.0 (?) up to 2.8. Then
>>
>>> it has been decided to go unicode.
>>

>>> Let see in the wx interactive intepreter, it is only
>>
>>> the top of the iceberg. (Py27, wxPy294)

>>> 5
>>

>>> ---
>>

>>> It has alos been decided to rework wxPython and create
>>
>>> wxPhoenix, unicode of course.
>>

>>> Impossible to put a Python string correctly in a widget
>>
>>> supposed to handle text. The design mistake is more
>>
>>> deeper than in wx29 (unicode).
>>

>>> I do not know the present status, but as the mistake
>>
>>> is a consequence of a unicode non understanding (plus
>>
>>> a little bit Python, plus a little bit wxWidgets), I doubt
>>
>>> that some improvement happened.
>>

>>> I attempted to explain unicode...
>>

>>> jmf
>>

>> wxPython 3 (Phoenix) will be the first version that supports Python 3.
>>
>> This will obviously mean that for the first time, wxPython will be able
>>
>> to take full advantage of the superb PEP393 Flexible String
>>
>> Representation (FSR) which is available in Python 3.3+.
>>

>> --
>>
>> My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask
>>
>> what you can do for our language.
>>

> I'm very happy for you.
> You should at least serialized the tasks.
>
> - wxPhoenix (wrapper of wxWidgets) is one thing
> - wxPhoenix for Python3 / Python2 is something else
> - Ditto for the FSR
> - Ditto for "unicode"
>
> For your information, that's at those times I decided
> to have a look at the Qt derivatives, it was a very,
> very good idea.
>
> jmf

I haven't the faintest idea what your words above are meant to mean.
Your communication skills are clearly lacking, as you also still insist
on sending us double spaced google crap.  Do you not understand the
instructions here https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython ?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence