GUI:-please answer want to learn GUI programming in python , how should i proceed.

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 04:18:10 EST 2013

Le mardi 17 décembre 2013 09:33:24 UTC+1, Mark Lawrence a écrit :
> On 17/12/2013 07:58, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:
>
> >  From all the toolkits, wxPython is probably the most
>
> > interesting. I used all versions from 2.0 (?) up to 2.8. Then
>
> > it has been decided to go unicode.
>

> > Let see in the wx interactive intepreter, it is only
>
> > the top of the iceberg. (Py27, wxPy294)

> > 5
>

> > ---
>

> > It has alos been decided to rework wxPython and create
>
> > wxPhoenix, unicode of course.
>

> > Impossible to put a Python string correctly in a widget
>
> > supposed to handle text. The design mistake is more
>
> > deeper than in wx29 (unicode).
>

> > I do not know the present status, but as the mistake
>
> > is a consequence of a unicode non understanding (plus
>
> > a little bit Python, plus a little bit wxWidgets), I doubt
>
> > that some improvement happened.
>

> > I attempted to explain unicode...
>

> > jmf
>

> wxPython 3 (Phoenix) will be the first version that supports Python 3.
>
> This will obviously mean that for the first time, wxPython will be able
>
> to take full advantage of the superb PEP393 Flexible String
>
> Representation (FSR) which is available in Python 3.3+.
>

> --
>
> My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask
>
> what you can do for our language.

I'm very happy for you.
You should at least serialized the tasks.

- wxPhoenix (wrapper of wxWidgets) is one thing
- wxPhoenix for Python3 / Python2 is something else
- Ditto for the FSR
- Ditto for "unicode"

For your information, that's at those times I decided
to have a look at the Qt derivatives, it was a very,
very good idea.

jmf