Using pythons smtp server

Vincent Davis vincent at vincentdavis.net
Fri Dec 13 12:13:18 EST 2013

> "You don't send mail using an SMTP server.  You receive mail using an
> SMTP server.
> ​"​

Um maybe, I guess it is a matter of perspective.

Let me rephrase my question. ​​I want to send an email using python but do
not want to use an external service. Does python have the ability to send
emails without installing additional software or using an external
server/service?
Maybe I am wrong, I thought examples like s = smtplib.SMTP('localhost')
​​ are using a local(outside of python) smtp server, like postfix.

Vincent Davis
720-301-3003