Using pythons smtp server

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Fri Dec 13 11:40:28 EST 2013

On 2013-12-13, Vincent Davis <vincent at vincentdavis.net> wrote:

> I have an app that generates a file one a day and would like to email it
> using pythons SMTP server.

You don't send mail using an SMTP server.  You receive mail using an
SMTP server.

Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
From: Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid>
Subject: Re: Using pythons smtp server
On 2013-12-13, Vincent Davis <vincent at vincentdavis.net> wrote:

> I have an app that generates a file one a day and would like to email
> it using pythons SMTP server.

You don't send mail using an SMTP server.  You receive mail using an
SMTP server.  You send mail using an SMTP client.

https://www.google.com/search?q=python+send+email+smtp

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! The PINK SOCKS were
                                  at               ORIGINALLY from 1952!!