[newbie] trying socket as a replacement for nc

Jean Dubois jeandubois314 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 10:15:06 EST 2013

Op maandag 16 december 2013 15:16:17 UTC+1 schreef Jean-Michel Pichavant:
> [...]
Running you code I get as response:
''

This is what I got using telnet:
[jean:~] $ telnet 10.128.59.63 7000
Trying 10.128.59.63...
Connected to 10.128.59.63.
Escape character is '^]'.
*IDN?
KEITHLEY INSTRUMENTS INC.,MODEL 2425,1078209,C32   Oct  4 2010
14:20:11/A02  /E/

after pressing CTRL-ALT-ALTGR-] I get this:
^[^]
after which I get the telnet-prompt
>telnet
and I can quit telnet by entering quit