[newbie] trying socket as a replacement for nc

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 12:04:14 EST 2013

On Friday, December 13, 2013 5:50:03 PM UTC+5:30, Jean Dubois wrote:
> Op vrijdag 13 december 2013 09:35:18 UTC+1 schreef Mark Lawrence:

> > Would you please read and action this
> > https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython to prevent us seeing the
> > double line spacing that accompanied the above, thanks.
> > --

> > Mark Lawrence

> Dear Mark,
> I'm sorry for the inconvenience my postings may have caused. I now have
> followed
> the instructions on the link you mentioned and installed the plugin en
> python-script.

Thanks for cooperating

> hope it worked (I saw the text light up yellow when pressing the edit-key a second time). A small suggestion from a newbie: it would perhaps be possible
> to make the script check itself whether pyhon2 or python3 should be used?

Yes... Half way
The double-spacing problem is cured
However the long-lines remain (see your "hope it worked..." above)
Did you click the edit button both before and after your typing?

The 'before' should remove the double-spaced (old >...) lines
The 'after' should even out the right margins of what you've just typed

> thanks for having patience with me

Yes and you too please bear with us as we iron out this little irritant niggle