Experiences/guidance on teaching Python as a first programming language

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 14 08:21:28 EST 2013

On 14/12/2013 10:00, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 23:58:14 +0000, Mark Lawrence wrote:

>>> His credibility with me has been long dead.  :(
>>>
>>> --
>>> ~Ethan~
>>
>> With me it never lived, we've simply had to put up with his FUD for 16
>> months.
>
> Mark, do you really mean to say that you were prejudiced against JMF
> before he even write a word here?
>
> Strange thing to say, since he did actually identify a real performance
> regression, even if he has since become obsessed with demonstrating that
> a micro-performance slowdown means that Python is mathematically and
> logically broken.

IIRC he first started spreading his rubbish sometime in August 2012, I
make that around 16 months, what does your maths skills make it?  He
also identified a problem in an edge case that stood out like a sore
thumb when compared to real world cases.  Big deal.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence