python programming help

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 00:20:33 EST 2013

On Monday, December 9, 2013 10:37:38 AM UTC+5:30, ru... at yahoo.com wrote:
> On 12/08/2013 05:27 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> >[...]
> > To the OP, please ignore the above, it's sheer, unadulterated rubbish.
> > Nobody has ever been bullied into doing anything.  People have however
> > been asked repeatedly to either A) use the link referenced above to
> > avoid sending double spaced crap here from the inferior google groups
> > product or B) use an alternative technology that doesn't send double
> > spaced crap.

> Mark, I appreciate your calm and reasonable requests for people
> to checkout the page you gave a link to, that's why I repeated
> your advice.  It is also why I responded to Chris and not to you.

Yes agreed.

> However it does not change the fact that people here have responded
> in rather extreme way to GG posts including calling GG users "twits"
> and claiming GG posts damage their eyesight, as well as repeatedly
> denying the obvious fact that GG is much easier to use for many than
> to subscribe to a usenet provider or to a mailing list.  One frequently
> sees words like "crap", "slimy", "rubbish" etc to describe GG posts
> which is pretty intimating to people who just want some help with a
> python question using a tool they already know how to use and have
> had no complaints about in other places.

About the last -- no complaints about (that) in other places -- Ive recently
seen that on the html/stylesheets/javascript lists (not sure which)
there are also annoyed complaints about GG.

About the rest -- when people get annoyed they say and do things they
would not otherwise do. The sensible not-yet-annoyed-enough-to-lose-the-head folks should try to cure the annoyance rather than get
annoyed with it -- dont you think?

In short if we are programmers we should be thinking bug-fixes when we
are bugged :-) And what is put up here
https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython
(only yesterday BTW) is a dynamically loadable GG-bugfix.