interactive help on the base object

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 23:21:06 EST 2013

>>> Is it just me, or is this basically useless?
>>>
>>> class object
>>>  |  The most *base* type

[[Terry Reedy:]]
> How about something like.
> The default top *superclass* for all Python classes.

How 'bout you foo<l>s just admit that you didn't realize you've been
confused this whole time?  (It *is* possible isn't it?)

Mr. Ewing says "base" has to be interpreted as an *adjective* because
otherwise it would mean the BOTTOM (like the BASE of the pyramid),
while Terry responds that it is the TOP (*super*class).  Earlier,
Steven D'Aprano wanted to argue that this distinction was irrelevant,
but obviously it can't very well be both at once now cannit?

Could-the-world-be-so-crazy-confused-and-then-shoot-the-messenger?

Sadly, yes.

MarkJ
Tacoma, Washington