interactive help on the base object

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Dec 8 23:16:30 EST 2013

On Sun, 08 Dec 2013 18:58:09 -0800, rusi wrote:

> PS Can some kind soul inform me whether I could convince GG to unicode
> my post?

Does GG not give you some way of inspecting the post's full headers?

Anyway, here you go:

Your plan succeeded.

Personally, I wouldn't stress too much about this. While it would be
nice, and desirable, for GG to always use UTF-8 instead of picking a
different encoding based on the phase of the moon, the main thing is that
it picks a valid encoding. So far I see no reason to accuse GG of using
an invalid encoding. Valid but legacy encodings are better than
mojibake :-)

--
Steven