Code of Conduct, Trolls, and Thankless Jobs

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Dec 2 22:39:53 EST 2013

On 12/2/2013 6:11 PM, Ben Finney wrote:

> This forum doesn't have authorised moderators,

At least some PSF mailing lists have 1 or more PSF-authorized moderators
(currently 4 for python-list) who pretty thanklessly check the initial
posts of new subscribers and posts flagged by the spam detector as
possible spam, or with other problems. We do not have 'every-post'
moderation.

> If you perceive uneven application of our code of conduct,

As far as I know, there has been just one non-spam application of CoC
to python-list: Nikos. I do not see how anyone could call that uneven or
unfair.

--
Terry Jan Reedy