Python Unicode handling wins again -- mostly

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Mon Dec 2 10:58:26 EST 2013

On 12/2/13 10:45 AM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 02/12/2013 15:22, Ned Batchelder wrote:

>>> 1) Your English is far from perfect as you clearly do not understand the
>>> repeated requests *NOT* to send us double spaced crap via google groups.
>>>
>>> 2) You can't speak about the FSR as you know precisely nothing about it,
>>> but as they say, ignorance is bliss.
>>>

>> As annoying as baseless claims against the FSR were, wxjmafauth is
>> right: he didn't even mention the FSR in this thread.  There's really no
>> point dragging this thread into that territory.
>>
>> --Ned.
>>

> He's quite deliberately dragged it up by using p.s.  Without doubt he's
> the worst loser in the world and I'm *NOT* stopping getting at him.  I
> find his behaviour, continuously and groundlessly insulting the Python
> core developers, quite disgusting.

His PS is in reference to you, Ethan, and Tim reminiscing about his past
complaints against the FSR.  He made three posts to this thread before
you started in on him, and none of them mentioned the FSR.  Tim first
mentioned it.

There's no need to call him "the worst loser in the world."  Nothing
good will come from that kind of attack.  It doesn't make this community
better, and it will not change his behavior.

He said nothing in this thread that insulted the Python core developers.
His posts in this thread are not about the FSR, and yet you dragged the
old fights into it.  You are being the troll here.

--Ned.