ASCII and Unicode [was Re: Managing Google Groups headaches]

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 22:16:35 EST 2013

On Saturday, December 7, 2013 8:11:45 AM UTC+5:30, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 1:33 PM, rusi  wrote:
> > That seems to suggest that something is not right with the python
> > mailing list config. No??

> If in doubt, blame someone else, eh?

> I'd first check what your browser's actually sending. Firebug will
> help there. See if your form fill-out is encoded as UTF-8 or CP-1252.
> That's the first step.

If you give me some tip where to look, I'll do that.
But I dont see what this has to do with forms.

Everything in the python archive (not just my posts) show as Win 1252
[I checked about 6]

Every other page that I checked (most nothing to do with python list,
GG etc) show UTF-8. [I checked about 5]

None of these checkings had forms to be filled.