Python 3.3.2 Shell Message

stanward at gmail.com stanward at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 17:09:25 EST 2013

> Is there a PATH setting or something I can use to force the use of the ActiveTcl Tcl/Tk located in:
> /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.5/Tcl and
> /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.5/Tk

Correction.  The ActiveTcl /Library directions are:

/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6
/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.6

Note also that symbolic links were created by something (assume the install script) from:

/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/Current to
/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6 to

and

/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/Current to
/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.6

Also, the IDLE message I am getting (which is slightly different than Bart's) is: "WARNING: The version of Tcl/Tk (8.5.9) in use may be unstable."  I assume this is referring to the Apple system version of Tcl/Tk.

Maybe there is symbolic link I need to set-up...

By the way, I have tried to address with setting to PATH in .bash_profile, having /usr/local/bin first in the path.  This has created a situation of running the correct version of tclsh from bash, but it does not solve the problem for IDLE, even if putting a specific call to . .bash_profile from the Automator script which starts IDLE.

Actively working on this...May try to create a symbolic link from /System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/Current to /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/Current