Question about XMLRPC

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Aug 29 07:54:42 EDT 2013

i.sheeha at gmail.com wrote:

> I should write a python script(s) that listens to an existing XMLRPC
> service on my company's dev server.

> then i should parse that and return to the existing XML-RPC,
 > or write the parsed data to the Posgresql database.

> but i'm not permitted to edit the existing XMLRPC service.

It's not clear exactly what you mean by this. Are you trying
to intercept XMLRPC requests sent to an existing service and
do something different with them?

To do that without modifying the existing service, you would
need to change your web server's configuration to redirect
the url of the service to a handler of your own. Are you
able to do that, or get your administrators to do it?

--
Greg