[error] [client 178.59.111.223] (2)No such file or directory: exec of

Joel Goldstick joel.goldstick at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 18:56:56 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 18:44:28 +0000, Prasad, Ramit wrote:
>
>> Normally I would have thought you would have a public_html or www
>> directory in your home folder that would be readable/writable to the web
>> server (and where you should write).
>
> I expect that he does. But Nikos has tried writing to the Nikos home
> directory, and to .. (the parent directory). I don't believe he has tried
> writing to . (the current directory), or to /tmp. I'm not an expert, but
> I expect that Apache should be able to write to one of those. And if not,
> he has root on his system, he can simply create a writable directory and
> write to that.
>
> I expect that there are security implications of having a directories
> writable to the webserver user, but temporarily creating one for a quick
> debugging aid should be okay.
>

> --
> Steven
> --

This thread follows well travelled grounds from several of the
previous Nikos appearances here.  He seems to have problems grasping
permissions as they relate to apache.  He seems to demand cook book
answers as compared to understanding the issues.  At any rate, isn't
this stuff really something that the Web Server company should be
helping him with?  Its their server, they know how it is configured,
and they can quickly look in his directories to figure out permissions
related issues.

--
Joel Goldstick
http://joelgoldstick.com