[error] [client 178.59.111.223] (2)No such file or directory: exec of

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Aug 28 18:49:40 EDT 2013

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 18:44:28 +0000, Prasad, Ramit wrote:

> Normally I would have thought you would have a public_html or www
> directory in your home folder that would be readable/writable to the web
> server (and where you should write).

I expect that he does. But Nikos has tried writing to the Nikos home
directory, and to .. (the parent directory). I don't believe he has tried
writing to . (the current directory), or to /tmp. I'm not an expert, but
I expect that Apache should be able to write to one of those. And if not,
he has root on his system, he can simply create a writable directory and
write to that.

I expect that there are security implications of having a directories
writable to the webserver user, but temporarily creating one for a quick
debugging aid should be okay.

--
Steven