New VPS Provider needed

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Aug 27 13:17:32 EDT 2013

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 19:40:21 +0300, Ferrous Cranus wrote:

> I alredy lost 4 customers :(

Nikos, you are mistaking us for your personal friends. We're not. We
don't care if you lose 4 customers or 400, whether you become successful
web developer and become rich, or end up homeless. Our only relationship
to you is that you are a fellow Python user, and we are volunteering to
help teach people Python. That includes you. But you are just another
stranger half a world away.

I am truly sorry that I have to tell you these harsh truths, but you need
to understand that trying to beg for sympathy is just going to alienate
people and make them less willing to help. You need to be professional
here. That doesn't mean you can't be friendly. Maybe, if you are pleasant
and interesting and give as much help as you receive, you will even make
some friends here. But don't presume that we are your friends and care
about your troubles. We all have troubles of our own.

--
Steven