Basic Python Query

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Thu Aug 22 14:57:49 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013, at 9:45, Ned Batchelder wrote:
> So that I understand what's going on, what's the bad thing that happens
> with a multi-part message?  I would have thought that mail readers would
> choose the preferred part, or is it something to do with the message
> quoting?

The bad thing that happens is baby Jesus cries.

In other words, some people just don't like it, for no better reason
than personal ideology (and/or they have a non-mime email client and
don't like seeing the extra encoded stuff, and/or they have a fully HTML
capable email client, don't like it, and can't be bothered learning how
to turn off HTML viewing). There's really no way to have a productive
discussion about it (though it might be worthwhile to ask whoever is in
charge of the list to make it automatically strip html from messages, if
enough people have a strong preference)