PEPs should be included with the documentation download

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Aug 22 21:47:44 EDT 2013

> Also, how many people actually depend on the downloadable
> documentation, rather than simply reading things online?

Many countries do not have infrastructure that allows reliable, fast,
low-latency internet access 24-hours-a-day. Most countries's internet
infrastructure, in fact, does not satisfy all of those.

And without all of those being satisfied simultaneously, accessing
programmer documentation online is frustratingly inconsistent. It is
much more convenient and reliable, in those cases, to have the
documentation downloaded and accessible on one's development
workstation.

--
 \       “We must find our way to a time when faith, without evidence, |
  `\    disgraces anyone who would claim it.” —Sam Harris, _The End of |