PEPs should be included with the documentation download

Jerry Hill malaclypse2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 14:15:37 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM,  <random832 at fastmail.us> wrote:
> I think, though, that if there's any useful information that can be
> obtained by reading accepted PEPs but not the documentation, or if
> things are explained less clearly than in the PEPs, that's a bug in the
> documentation, and should be remedied by adding to the documentation.

Personally, the only PEPs I've used as reference material as PEP 8
(the Python Style Guide), and PEP 249 (the Python Database API
Specification v2.0).  If I recall correctly, one of the database
adapters I used basically said that they were PEP 249 compliant, and
didn't have much documentation beyond that.

It seems to me that adding the PEPs to the compiled documentation
would be a good thing.  They are at least as useful as the Language
Reference or the Embedding and Extending Python sections that are
already included.

--
Jerry