PEPs should be included with the documentation download

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 13:32:53 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Aseem Bansal <asmbansal2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently the documentation download includes a lot of things but PEPs are not its part. I wanted to suggest that PEPs should be included in the download. They are very much relevant to Python.

The PEPs are kinda like the specs that Python is built from, rather
than being end-user documentation; certainly most, if not all, are
unnecessary to most use of Python. There's really no point downloading
a whole pile of rejected PEPs as part of the crucial user-facing docs.

Also, how many people actually depend on the downloadable
documentation, rather than simply reading things online?

ChrisA