PEP 450 Adding a statistics module to Python

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Aug 9 23:14:13 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> I am seeking comments on PEP 450, Adding a statistics module to Python's
> standard library:
>
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0450/
>
> Please read the FAQs before asking anything :-)

Given that installing numpy or scipy is generally no more difficult
that executing "pip install (scipy|numpy)" I'm not really feeling the
need for a battery here...  (Of course, I use this stuff at work from
time-to-time, so maybe I'm more in the "nuclear reactor of batteries"
camp anyway.)

Skip