Python3 Multiprocessing

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Fri Aug 9 16:54:38 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013, at 16:43, Devyn Collier Johnson wrote:
> Thanks MRAB! That is easy. I always (incorrectly) thought the join()
> command got two threads and made them one. I did not know it made the
> script wait for the threads.

What you're missing is the fact that the main thread [i.e. the one
running "the script", and that waits for the thread you call the method
on] is, well, a thread. So, you start with two threads [the main thread
and the jobs1 thread, for example], and end up with one [the main
thread]. This is why it's called join.