How Do I get my Python script to attach multiple files and send as a single email

Joel Goldstick joel.goldstick at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 15:32:28 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Gary Herron
<gary.herron at islandtraining.com> wrote:
> On 08/08/2013 12:05 PM, wachkama at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> I have a dilemma I cant figure out how to send multiple files as an
>> attachment to my email using this script. I can only send a single file
>> attachment . Help!!!  Here is my script.
>> All filename's are txt files.
>>

> There is a standard Python module named "email" which you should look at.
> It can build an email with all the parts, alternates, and attachments you
> want.  Then you send the resulting message using your smtplib code.  The
> email module is large and complex, but reasonably easy to learn (following
> the documentation examples). It's far, FAR, easier than rolling your
> message, especially when attachments are needed.
>
> Gary Herron
>
> --

Here is a good example:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3362600/how-to-send-email-attachments-with-python

I found it using the following google search: "python send email using
smtp with multiple attachment"

It was the second result.

Google is your friend ;)

--