How Do I get my Python script to attach multiple files and send as a single email

Gary Herron gary.herron at islandtraining.com
Thu Aug 8 15:19:43 EDT 2013

On 08/08/2013 12:05 PM, wachkama at gmail.com wrote:
> I have a dilemma I cant figure out how to send multiple files as an attachment to my email using this script. I can only send a single file attachment . Help!!!  Here is my script.
> All filename's are txt files.

There is a standard Python module named "email" which you should look
at.   It can build an email with all the parts, alternates, and
attachments you want.  Then you send the resulting message using your
smtplib code.  The email module is large and complex, but reasonably
easy to learn (following the documentation examples). It's far, FAR,
easier than rolling your message, especially when attachments are needed.

Gary Herron