Python 2.7.5 incompatible

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat Aug 3 18:32:11 EDT 2013

Hi Sofia, and welcome!

On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 17:31:03 -0300, sofia prata wrote:

> I use the Windows 7 and i'm trying to install the Python 2.7.5, even
> though it's working, it says it not compatible. So then, i can't use
> other programs that depend upon the Python like the Google App Engine.
> What do i do?

Start by explaining the problem in more detail. We cannot see your
computer or see what you are doing.

How do you know Python is working? How are you running Python? Explain
the steps that you use, e.g.:

"I go to the Start Menu, choose Python 2.7>IDLE, then the IDLE window
opens. If I type code in IDLE, the code runs correctly."

Or:

"I double-click my program 'test.py', and it runs the way I expect."

Then explain what says Python is not compatible. What did you do to get
that message?  Where is the error message? Is it in IDLE? In a Windows
dialog box? Somewhere else?

If this is a Python error, it will almost certainly start with a line
like:

Traceback (most recent call last)

and continue until an error like

ImportError
ValueError
TypeError

etc. followed by a message. Please COPY AND PASTE the entire traceback,
starting from the first line, not just the last. Don't retype from memory
or summarize it.

If the error is somewhere else, and you cannot copy and paste it, then
retype it *exactly* unless it is unreasonably long.

If necessary, but only if absolutely necessary, try taking a screenshot
and posting that here. But 99 times out of 100, you should be able to
copy and paste the text, or at least re-type it if it is short.

That will do for a start. If any of my instructions are unclear, feel
free to ask for more help, but remember, more detail is usually better
than vague comments.

Good luck!

--
Steven