Can someone suggest better resources for learning sqlite3? I wanted to use the Python library but I don't know sql.

inq1ltd inq1ltd at inqvista.com
Sun Aug 4 11:01:10 EDT 2013

On Saturday, August 03, 2013 10:57:32 AM Aseem Bansal wrote:
> I was writing a Python script for getting the user stats of a
> website(Specifically codereview.stackexchange). I wanted to store the
stats
> in a database. I found Python3's sqlite3 library. I found that I needed sql
> commands for using it.
>
> I have tried sql.learncodethehardway but it isn't complete yet. I tired
> looking on stackoverflow's  sql tag also but nothing much there. Can
> someone suggest me better resources for learning sql/sqlite3?

Go to:
sqlite-users at sqlite.org
and join.

Ask any question, you will get an answer.

Print out the manual.  For someone that is not
familiar with Relational DB programming it
may look like a newspaper from
another planet, but you should have it.

You mentioned creating a database for stats. Learn
how to create a table, and populate it. that is basic.
Ask how to on the users help site, then compare the
method sent to you to the manual.  You need to know
how the answer relates to the manual.

The sqlite manual is in the standard format that is the
accepted world wide.  Once you can understand
the manual format you can work your way through a
lot of what you want to do.

jimonlinux
inqvista.com