Minions are Python Powered!

Kevin MacPhail kmacphail at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 08:02:55 EDT 2013

This statement might be more true than you realize.

I can't speak for the tools Blue Sky uses for their films, but when the
studio I worked at created the "Minion Mayem" ride for Universal Orlando we
used a number of tools that relied heavily on Python for everything from
character rigging to rendering and compositing.

I think it would be fair to say the Minions (and most animated characters
these days) are quite literally "Python Powered".

BTW, great image!