Ubuntu package "python3" does not include tkinter

lcrocker leedanielcrocker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 13:30:10 EDT 2013

Thanks, but I'm not having any trouble running tkinter, it works just
fine. I have an issue with the fact that it's optional. It reflects
badly on the language and community if we allow just anyone to call
something "Python" that doesn't meet some minimum standard of quality.
Java has its compliance tests: if your implementation doesn't pass,
you can't call it "Java". I'm asking if there's something similar for
Python, because Ubuntu's Python 3 doesn't pass the test.