How to set my gui?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Apr 19 22:19:09 EDT 2013

On Friday 19 April 2013 22:16:18 Chris Angelico did opine:

<walterhurry at lavabit.com> wrote:

> >> :
> >> :) Born in 1984, so that'll give you some idea where I was in the
> >> :1990s.
> >> :
> >         A puppy to be taught by greymuzzles (unfortunately, /this/
> >
> > greymuzzle [1958] has reached the point of being an old dog that only
> > learns new tricks with extreme difficulty <G>)
>
> Yep, taught by my Dad, who has often told the story of how he once
> held a whole kilobyte of memory in his hands (something like a cubic
> meter in size). He introduced me to programming, to fiddling with the
> system configs (actually he forbade that, for ages - because he had to
> clean up the mess if the system wouldn't boot), and to the joys of
> networking. So in a large way he's why I'm a geek... and actually he
> started that even earlier, when I was given the name Chris at birth.
> That on its own probably is the biggest cause of my geekery, I think!
>
> ChrisA

Buncha spring chickens, the whole lot of you.  Born in '34, I was a geek
before the word was invented.  But like some of you claim, I am now that
old dog that doesn't learn new tricks easily.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Mandrell: "You know what I think?"
Doctor:   "Ah, ah that's a catch question. With a brain your size you
	  don't think, right?"
		-- Dr. Who
dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million
          law-abiding citizens.