How to set my gui?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 22:10:48 EDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 09:24:36 +1000, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>

>> > You are grown up now, I surmise.
>>
>> :) Born in 1984, so that'll give you some idea where I was in the 1990s.
>>

>         A puppy to be taught by greymuzzles (unfortunately, /this/
> greymuzzle [1958] has reached the point of being an old dog that only
> learns new tricks with extreme difficulty <G>)

Yep, taught by my Dad, who has often told the story of how he once
held a whole kilobyte of memory in his hands (something like a cubic
meter in size). He introduced me to programming, to fiddling with the
system configs (actually he forbade that, for ages - because he had to
clean up the mess if the system wouldn't boot), and to the joys of
networking. So in a large way he's why I'm a geek... and actually he
started that even earlier, when I was given the name Chris at birth.
That on its own probably is the biggest cause of my geekery, I think!

ChrisA