anyone know pandas ? Don't understand error: NotImplementedError...

someone newsboost at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 14:28:34 EDT 2013

On 04/18/2013 03:44 PM, Wayne Werner wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Apr 2013, someone wrote:
>
>>  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pandas/tseries/offsets.py", line
>> 214, in rule_code
>>    raise NotImplementedError
>> NotImplementedError
>> --------------------
>>
>> Can anyone tell why this error appears and how to fix it?
>
> I don't know anything about pandas, but my recommendation?
>
>    $ vim /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pandas/tseries/offsets.py
>
> (or nano or emacs - whatever editor you're comfortable with).
>
> Go to line 214, and take a look-see at what you find. My guess is it
> will be something like:
>
> def rule_code():
>      raise NotImplementedError()
>

> Which is terribly unhelpful.

Oh, yes - you're completely right:

    # line 211 (empty line)
     @property # line 212
     def rule_code(self): # line 213
         raise NotImplementedError # line 214
    # line 215 (empty line)

Below and above this "rule_code" is code belonging to some other
functions... hmmm... I also tried to look in:

/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pandas/tools/plotting.py

But I'm very unfamiliar with pandas, so everything looks "correct" to me
- because I don't understand the data structure, I think I cannot see
what is wrong...