Interactrive Python under Cygwin in Win7

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Apr 8 11:20:15 EDT 2013

I just installed ActiveState 2.7 64-bit on a Windows 7 machine running
a current version of Cygwin.  While python programs (both GUI and
text-mode) run fine, I'm unable to use Python interactively from
either the Cygwin terminal or in an ssh session.  I tried adding the
"-u" option, but that makes no difference.  Interactive C-Python just
hangs on startup.

Is this bug specific to ActiveState Python, or is it also present in
the vanilla C-Python build for Windows?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I want you to MEMORIZE
                                  at               the collected poems of