raw_input that able to do detect multiple input

Frank jiewei24 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 21:03:07 EDT 2013

Hi all, I would require advise on this question for function call interact:

the desire outcome:
interact()
Friends File: friends.csv
Command: f John Cleese
John Cleese: Ministry of Silly Walks, 5555421, 27 October
Command: f Michael Palin
Unknown friend Michael Palin
Command: f
Invalid Command: f
Command: a Michael Palin
Invalid Command: a Michael Palin
Command: a John Cleese, Cheese Shop, 5552233, 5 May
John Cleese is already a friend
Command: a Michael Palin, Cheese Shop, 5552233, 5 May
Command: f Michael Palin
Michael Palin: Cheese Shop, 5552233, 5 May
Command: e
Saving changes...
Exiting...

my code so far for interact:
#interact function
def interact(*arg):
    open('friends.csv', 'rU')
    d = load_friends('friends.csv')
    print "Friends File: friends.csv"
    s = raw_input("Please input something: ")
    command = s.split(" ", 1)
    if "f" in command:
        display_friends("command",load_friends('friends.csv'))
        print command

#display friend function
def display_friends(name, friends_list):
Fname = name[0]
for item in friends_list:
    if item[0] == Fname:
        print item
        break
    else:
        print False

Let say if i type in " f John Cleese " and after the line 6 , my value of "command" should be ['f', 'John Cleese']. Is there ways to extract out John Cleese as a input so that i could use it on my function call "display_friends" ?