Data storage Py 3.3

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 3 18:53:19 EDT 2013

On 4-4-2013 0:33, Joe Hill wrote:
> IDLE wants to use Python33 as the data storage folder - with exe files
> etc.
> Typically the 'default data storage' is in 'last used' directory or most
> programs even have a browse setting that one can quickly set and reset.
>
> What do people here generally do?
>
> When I installed 3.3, (W7- 64) I selected the first option for paths etc.
> and everything seems to just run fine

Don't store your files in the Python33 directory even though it is idle's default
suggestion.

I have my Python code sitting in appropriate subdirectories of a 'Projects' folder
somewhere (on a different drive on my Windows system, or just a subfolder in my
homedirectory on my Linux VM).

I don't use idle myself, but you can simply browse to the appropriate folder and file
location. Idle will remember that location for the next time you use the file dialog.

Irmen